Thank you all so much! The AMA Episode was a great success and I look forward to the next 50 episodes of the History of Persia. This episode has everything: the ancient world in color, beard fashion, video games, book reviews, time travel, and of course me trying to piece together something to say about provinces we don’t actually know much about. Links below in order of appearance:
Great Courses: The Persian Empire by John W. Lee
Literature and History Podcast
History of Iran Podcast
Khodad Rezakhani @sasanianshah
Top 10ish History Podcasts (in no particular order):
- The History of Byzantium – The narrative history of the Eastern Roman/Byzantine Empire beginning c.476 CE.
- The Oldest Stories – The history and mythology of the Bronze Age Near East, including Mesopotamia, the Hittites, and Mittani.
- The Hellenistic Age Podcast – A combination narrative and cultural history of the Hellenistic World from Alexander to Caesar.
- The History of English – The history of the English language, tracing linguistic history from Indo-European to modern English
- The Timur Podcast – A biographical history of the great 14th century conqueror Timur, also known as Tamerlane.
- History in the Bible – A well researched critical history of the stories told in the Bible and its many variants and accouterments
- The Vacation Bible School Podcast – Reading and discussing the Bible in order for an audience of any background.
- Behind the Bastards – Robert Evan’s and an array of guests discuss the absolute worst people in history, past and present.
- The Pirate History Podcast – A history of the Golden Age of English Piracy beginning with Sir Francis Drake.
- History of Aoteroa New Zealand – A history of two of Earth’s most unique island from the beginning of human in habitation.
- Words For Granted – A great linguistic history show following the history of individual words in each episode.
History of Modern Iran Podcast
The Heroic Legend of Arslan on Amazon
Creation by Gore Vidal
Audible Audio Book
The Ancient World Podcast
Audacity audio editor
Holiday Special 2019 – on Achaemenid food and feasting
Apadana Treasury Relief to showcase different beards
Persepolis in Color – Don’t forget to follow Lloyd Llewellyn-Jones!
Books on the Sassanids and Parthians:
The War of the Three Gods: Romans, Persians, and the Rise of Islam by Peter Crawford
Sasanian Persia: The Rise and Fall of an Empire by Touraj Daryaee
Reign of Arrows: The Rise of the Parthian Empire in the Hellenistic Middle East by Nikolaus Leo Overtoom
ReOrienting the Sasanians: East Iran in Late Antiquity by Khodad Rezakhani
Decline and Fall of the Sasanian Empire: The Sasanian Confederacy and the Arab Conquest of Iran by Parvaneh Pourshariati
Interview with Michael Bonner
Patreon Bonus 13: Why is Persia Under-Emphasized
Original AskHistorians Question
In The Words of Zarathustra
Patreon | Support Page
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
One thought on “50! Ask Me Anything”
Hi Trevor, the visa process is not that awful for Americans. When things thaw out again, maybe reach out to a tour company like Wild Frontiers to see if they will do a special rate in exchange for you promoting the company on the pod, and do a tailor made tour for you that covers all the sites you want. Good luck!